Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Two A.M. Club, Part One

Tonight I began a ten-day house sitting stint in the hills of M.V., in a delightful rambling house that includes, as some of its accouterments, a drum set, trampoline, and sheet music for Billy Joel's "She's Always a Woman." Throw in the aging parakeet, and you've got One Dangerous Combination. Neighbors be warned.

Digging through the fridge upon the departure of my hosts, I found three avocados, but no beer. Oh, the horror. Luckily for me, the Two A.M. Club--a long aspired-to destination of mine on The Quest--was only a five-minute drive down the hill. I've heard there are pool tables, too.

I'm going to log out and get in the car now. Wish me luck.

Or--knowing what I know thus far of those who frequent this long-renowned dive--perhaps not that much luck.

1 comment:

carin said...

oh, Mike. So sorry about the beer.