Saturday, March 24, 2007

The No Name

My first stop on The Quest was a visit to Sausalito's venerable No Name Bar, a (as I was soon to find) slightly divey hamlet right on Bridgeway that (much to my delight) boasts live, free music every night.

Verdict: Truly a slice of the Old Marin I'd been seeking, and delightfully only a few weeks into my residency here. The aging hippies sucking on pints while listening to banjo jam sessions were not to be missed, and a lot of fun to engage in conversation. I have since returned often and met some pretty salty folks.

On the subject of saltiness, there is also a place just down the street that, on Wednesdays, offers fish and chips for only $2.50. It's not astounding, but as I run most of my food purchases through a cost-benefit analysis it's just dandy for the price.

No comments: