Thursday, May 3, 2007

Housing Prices

I found the coolest co-blogs.

http://marinrealestatebubble.blogspot.com/
http://marinpos.blogspot.com/

The titles just about say it all. I know I've waxed philosophic (and perhaps annoying) about my overpriced, rented postage stamp of an apartment. And perhaps rightfully: my rent is higher than my parents' mortgage. I have accepted the potential fact that I will never own a house. At least in a place (i.e., not Iowa, or perhaps Harare) that I would choose to live.

So, I will continue tromping through the armies of lovelorn cats, and the eucalyptus sap, and the other detritus that awaits me on my less-than-perfect days up here.

Addendum: There are, I have found, dozens upon dozens of "real estate bubble" blogs out there. Which suggests to me that perhaps one of the downsides of being an actual homeowner is that one has to work so much as to not have any time to blog. Which makes homeownership even less attractive. I guess I'm a pretty lucky guy after all.

1 comment:

Joe Wessels said...

Maybe you could buy a house in Ohio (or Cumberland, Ky.) and rent it out and use it as investment property. I would hate to think you'd be missing out on the American dream simply 'cuz you live in Cali (ironic, eh?)