Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Mill Valley Part Three: The Big Lebowski

Tonight, I took a much-anticipated after-work junket down the hill from this swell house to the Marin Theatre Company (http://www.marintheatre.org), where every Tuesday night is "Pay What You Will" night.

Well, for this individual who very much adores paying-what-he-will (which, due to current pecuinary circumstances, is A Very Small Amount), this was the perfect combination. Not to mention that the MTC is only a stone's throw from the afore-blogged 2 AM Club.

My five dollar trip to see "The Good German" resulted in three conclusions:
  • The MTC is an absolute gem. It's an intimate venue that (from my limited experience, which consists of two hours in the third row) puts on excellent semiprofessional theatre for what is (even if you choose to Pay More Than Five Bones) a reasonable price.
  • The 2 AM crowd has a great deal of cross-pollination with the MTC crowd. Sociologically, this is quite heartening to me, as I adore a place where folks can appreciate good live theater, but are still down for a pint of PBR after the show.
  • I have excellent taste, even if I am a painfully cheap SOB. To wit: I adore The Big Lebowski, and Warren David Keith (who played the role of the funeral director in that flick) was on stage tonight at the MTC. Two productions that both involve German Nihilists, and I'm a fan of both.
I also visited the Safeway this afternoon, but that's a subject for another post altogether. Never have I seen a mainstream grocery with Multiple Sections of Arugula. Wow.

No comments: